FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Bought a 1959 Hiawatha 7.5hp not too long ago. Appears to have been built by Scot Atwater from what I've found on line. I was having fuel issues as the motor runs fine for a few minute and then acts like it's starved for gas. Bought new ball and hoses but it was still doing the same thing...
I have a 1996 GW Invader Rivera that only seems to start when you turn the key and hit a "sweet spot". I starts every time but seems the key turns quite a bit before actually starting. Go to far and it sounds like it does when you have a dead battery. I think this ignition may have been...
The ignition on my 1996 GW Invader must have been replaced at some point in the past. It has a very small "sweet" spot where it will actually turn the engine over. I can turn it probably about quarter of an inch with it doing nothing, then I get to the point where it will turn the engine...
Purchased a small fishing boat with a, I believe, 1963 Hiwatha. Starts up no problem but after about 5 minutes it cuts out like it's starved for gas. The gas ball was not getting hard and squeezing it did help the motor run for a bit. I replaced all the tubing from the gas tank to engine...