FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I've got a small hole 1.5 X 2.0 inches on the hull of my fiberglass 1966 Shell Lake. Is a Marine Fiberglass repair Kit by Evercoat sufficiant? I can't get to the other side of the hole. What sould I use to fill it? Photo's attached..
Thanks Wingnutal
I have a Fiber Glass 16 foot Shell Lake boat. I thought it was a 1974, but I'm not sure now.
The HIN # 1666 DR 1007. They say after 1972 all boats had to have a 12 digit number. I'd appreciate any help on this.
Al
I ordered a carb kit for a 66 Evinrude 80hp and I need to know how to install it correctly. I'd appreciate any help or if I get a Service Manual will it give instructions on how to install the carb kit?
I built a bracket for running water up under the cavitation plate into the water intake screen. The water goes in and comes out the reverse intake screen. Is there another p-hole it should be coming out of? I haven't started the motor yet..
I have a 1966 80hp Evinrude on a 1974 16' ShellLake. I'm new to this and would like to know how to hook up water to the motor so I can flush it and check the motor while out of the water..