FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Thanks for the reply, please see responses below:
Agree that compression is low, but I was under the impression that engine would still fire above 60psi. It is confusing that motor will run roughly every other day tested - I would expect compression issues would be consistent
Spark does jump...
An update:
Today I tested spark plugs with in line tool and all 3 show spark with no firing from engine. Compression was checked (cold) and all three are 75psi. Starter spray was sprayed into spark plug holes, air intake, and carbs (separately) and engine would not fire at all. Fuel lines were...
I am having primarily starting issues with the outboard (E70TLCCA). The first day of the season, the motor cut out at full throttle and I had to be towed in. Since then, ran well for 2 additional days (3 hours runtime each day. The next time out the motor would not start at all. Today I went to...