FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
When I start my 1996 225hp mercury offshore, it runs fine until about 1400rpms. When I try to go slowly past 1400 toward 2000 rpms it wants to stall. If I am lucky enough to get pass 2000 rpms it runs like a top all the way up to 5200 rpms. If I shoved the throttle all way forward from stand...
I have a 1996 225 mercruiser outboard. Every time I take the boat out, it starts fine and idles fine, but when I get to 1200 rpms, and try to accelerate, the engine stalls, It restarts fine and will stall again. Sometimes if I go on in this manner, it sometime revs up and when I accelerate it...