FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 2 year old Mercury 40 EFI Bigfoot that has started having a strange problem. It starts fine and idles good for a couple of minutes then starts running rough. If youleave it running it will smooth out within a couple of minutes and then again run rough after a few. Also if I throttle up...
I'm looking for a spare prop for my boat and most everywhere I look they suggest a soft rubber hub instead of a FloTrque hub since I'm running a pontoon boat. Can anyone tell me why? I would think that it would spin easier under the heavier load of a pontoon.
Thanks
I have a new 40 HP 4 stroke Mercury bigfoot engine on a 18" Tracker Baby Bass Buggy and was out this weekend 6 miles out in the gulf on a calm day and on the way back at just under full throttle the prop spun. I immediately tilted the motor to see if I had caught a crab trap or wrapped something...
I just purchased a 1968 6 HP Evinrude for my Gheenoe and I would like to rig it for remote controle and install stick steering. The motor has the hook-ups to do so. My question is, where can I find the parts and hookup instructions for something like that?
Thanks
Butch