FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I set the choke when engine was cold so that flap was barely closed. I did notice that choke is hanging up a little bit. I still do not understand why engine would die when putting it in the neutral position. Rebuild kit is on its way. Thanks for your support.
Okay so I replaced electric choke. When I turn key to the on postion and wait 2 minutes I can feel the electronic choke housing warm up but choke does not open. Is it possible that carb needs rebuilt? I started it up and runs fine but when I put it in neutral it dies now. I have ordered a...
Is it possible that the electric choke part is bad. I have 12.88v at connections but choke spring does not heat up. Where can I find one? Sea Ray of Cincinnati told me you had to buy new carb to get new electric choke. Thanks
Starting in the front working towards the Aft. 1=140 , 2=135, 3=135 and 4=130. I finally got it to start and run but something is up with the electronic choke. When it is hot the choke is on flap closed and engine is hot. Sometimes flap will stay opening but then when putting it in gear the flap...
Boat is hard to start. I have replaced plugs,wires,distributor points,condenser and ignition coil. Still had no spark. Wiggled some wires and finally got it to start. Runs rough at low to mid idle but at full throttle runs great. Notice black like substance on the water being discharged from...