FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Is it possible to swap a 3.0L 140hp in place of a 1969 2.5L 120hp? If so what years would work? I did a search and got a little bit of info but nothing real concrete.
Thanks
Is it possible to swap out a 1969 120 for a 1983 140? I just bought my boat and pulled the head off of the engine and there are very large cracks in the cylinder walls. :facepalm: I found a complete 1983 Mercruiser 140 for sale close by for $1000. Is that a good price?
I just bought a 1969 Silverline with a mercruiser 120 I/O. I am new to the boating scene but I am a master tech at a Chevy dealer. The motor is stuck, im not sure if its just the rings rusted to the cylinder walls or if its actually locked up. Long story short, can I use an automotive GM 2.5L...