FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Been using my outboard for a little over a year now. Love it! Starts on first or second pull every time and pushes the boat around like it is supposed to. I take good care of her & flush her after every trip and always run the carb dry.
Last time I took it out I primed it by squeezing the bulb...
Finally finished my Carolina Skiff J16 project and took it to the lake today.
Running a 25hp Yamaha 2-stroke, tiller, 20" shaft, pull start. (I believe model code is 25MLH). Runs like a dream and got my boat going 30MPH loaded down with gear and 2 guys.
PROBLEM:
The tiller on my motor felt...
I am getting a Minn Kota Riptide SE 55lb hand control motor for my J16 Carolina Skiff with a large front deck.
I will be using it with the Minn Kota Quick-Release Bracket.
How do I know exactly where to install it?
How do you guys plug it in to the battery? I will be taking my motor off...
Hey guys!
I am buying a 16' Carolina Skiff and will need to rig up a built in livewell with pumps, hoses and fittings. I think the livewell is 10-13gallons and is fiberglass.
I will need the following:
Water being pumped in (to fill the tank and aerate the water)
An overflow
Water drain...
What do you all think of the new 25hp etec motors?
I am strongly considering using this motor to power my J16 carolina skiff.
(The specs and pics are now up on Evinrude.com website).
Most amperage output I have ever seen on a motor this size!
Hey guys! This is my first post here, but I will dive right in.
Just bought a J16, Large front deck & an aluminum trailer with a fold away tongue! I am very excited, but I have a lot of questions!
I will be powering it with a 25hp tiller motor (manual start). And right now I am strongly...