FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1984 Mercury 50 horse, had it on the lake just came up on plane heard a loud metal ping and have no power to the prop over idle speed, reverse still works fine. Several people suggested checking for a spun prop. The hub in my prop is welded in place with no rubber around it, pulled...
I have a 1984 50 hp Mercury, had it on the lake last night just after the boat came up on plane I heard a loud metal ping and had no power from the prop over idle speed. I have forward power until about 1/3 throttle and reverse still works fine. Is the whole lower unit shot?