FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Ive checked everything as you mentioned. All good, motor purrs like a kitten. I suspect this to be an electrical issue. I am getting a constant power to Fuel prime/cutoff valve. This causes it to get really hot and melt the inside. It makes a real mess. Right now i have the two wires that go to...
So if i understand it correctly. It should only have power if ignition is pressed in ie. “choke”? So not constant power.
I had to put a new ignition in, wondering if thats where i went wrong with wiring.
Hey Guys,
First time poster here.
The fuel primer choke solenoid has melted. I replaced it with a new one. After about an hour of running the vessel. It melted it again. Ive checked wiring, everything seems good. What would cause this to happen?
I will mention, previous owners tried to...