FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Doesn't look like it is the tachometer. When running with the diode out and the temperature switch disconnected I don't blow the fuse. Does anyone know how to test the switch? It has a fuel line laying right on top of it that looks like it may have rubbed the wires some. However it shows an...
After replacing the diode with one I had on hand it seemed to work until I quickly hit about 3800 rpms then the ignition fuse blew again. I unhooked the tach and was able to hit 3800 quickly and the fuse didn't pop. My question now is how high do I dare run on water muffs in the driveway...
The diode is shorted both directions. If I try running the boat now without the diode in, would that be a good test? Wondering if I ran it like that and didn't blow the fuse if that would prove the diode is the culprit?
Thank you, definitely worth a try. I can test it tomorrow. Have you heard if this is common? The TKS diode service bulletin I had read said it caused the engine to keep running or be hard to start at warm temp, but didn't mention a blown fuse. But I'm willing to try the diode. Thank you!
Appreciate the response, but I've checked all wiring and even ran it in the dark to see if I could see a spark anywhere in the engine compartment when the fuse blew but nothing.
I have a 2005 4.3l mercruiser. At rpm above 3000 I blow the ignition fuse. I have checked and taped any bare wires. I replaced the coil. I disconnected the tachometer at the dash. I ran it without the alternator connected. Problem stayed through all of this. I'm at a loss of what to do...