FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am changing the lower unit gear oil in my 1964 Evinrude Sportwin 9.5 hp. Last year I couldn't find any nylon washers to replace the ones sealing the lower and upper screws in the lower unit, so I just put the old ones back in. They are pretty scratched up, and I'm worried they might leak. I...
I recently bought what the title tells me is a 1966 Evinrude Sportwin 9.5hp outboard motor. I have been looking for service manuals, but the ones I have found say they are for 1966 Evinrude Sportwin models 9622 or 9623. Problem is, the motor plate says mine is a 9422 R model. Any ideas?
I just bought my first boat and am ecstatic! Problem is that it is my first boat and I?m not sure what I need to do before taking it out on the water for trial runs. It is a 14? Lone Star Semi-V aluminum boat with a 1966 Evinrude Sportwin 9.5 hp engine. I mixed up the gas and oil, put it in the...