FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I've searched this topic, but haven't really been able to find much. I just bought a boat which is in pretty good shape, but the upholstery has lots of black marks/stains/smudges on it. Normal soap and water is not getting them out. Does anybody have other ideas for ways to clean the vinyl...
I just got a 250 yamaha 2 stroke put on my mako 231 and have been trying out a few different props as I could find them. I ran a 17p and it was not enough and the boat was really slow. Right now I am running a 23p and the boat is really fast and pretty good out of the hole, but it won't get...
I'm getting a 250 hp yamaha put on my 1988 mako 231 right now. What propeller sizes do I need to test out to pick the right one? Do I basically just see which propeller makes me go the fastest at 4000 rpm (my cruising rpm), or are there other things I need to look for? Thanks.
I've got twin 1992 Johnson 140s on my boat right now and have been thinking about a repower for awhile. One motor needs a few hundred dollars of work. The guy at my shop has a 2003 250 yamaha HPDI with a brand new powerhead for sale for $6k installed. I've read some really bad things on these...