FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
This boat is cursed I'm sure of it. I have never had it go longer then 5 hours without something major breaking...Here is the run down..
Bought boat...
Dual helm custom steering cable breaks..replaced
Starter locks out on the flywheel and burns up...replaced
Alternator goes bad..replaced
Carb...
On sunday my 888 pre-alpha drive locked up completly in the top end. Looks like a piece of gear broke off and seized.
I found some one with a 120 pre-alpha drive. It all looks the same and I am checking the gear ratio with him..Will this work for me?
Is it just a different sticker on the 120?
I searched high and low here on the forum but can't seem to find any direction.
This is a 1973 888 Mercruiser Sterndrive with a Ford 302. In neutral as I increase engine speed I get a shuddering that vibrates the whole boat.
When the stern drive is down and in gear if I make a really tight...