Recent content by ttles714

  1. T

    Yamaha T9.9 no power to starter

    GENERAL STARTER CIRCUIT.. Test with volt meter or test light .. A Starter is controlled by A solenoid .. the control voltage side of the starter (smaller diameter wires) is activated by the start switch usually thru a neutral safety switch .. the Heavy wire side of the solenoid takes 12 v+...
  2. T

    Just cant figure this out...

    For what its worth Twin F250s.. No codes on YDS.. ..... long story short .. had a dealership check the engines and tell me engines were shot and needed new (twins) .... So before going along with that I figured, let me get my hands dirty and stop being lazy !! ( what I should have done...
  3. T

    remote motor control on-off-start

    Boscoe 99 >>>I could not open the pictures you sent .... BUT... I considered the that someone reversed the pins ..... If that was done, whoever did it , LEFT NO EVIDENCE THAT THE CONNECTOR WAS TOUCHED .. But as of now that is the only reasonable explanation... I also wondered if the...
  4. T

    remote motor control on-off-start

    Basically the hot lead and the ground wire in the harness are the right colors but in opposite positions ,,,,, so the black ground is actually 12v + and the red at 12 o'clock is actually 12v - .. The Red from the motor lines up with the black harness wire and the black from the motor lines...
  5. T

    remote motor control on-off-start

    So What I have on this harness is just what you posted ...EXCEPT !!! the black and red terminals and wires are opposite the drawing on the harness .... The motor has the red wire at 12 o'clock and the Black wire at 6 o'clock... The harness has those two wires in opposite positions... I had...
  6. T

    remote motor control on-off-start

    picture of harness and control .. still can't figure out why this harness had the 12v neg and pos in opposite positions from the engine and any schematic I looked at ... The connector is intact and was not modified ..... So To be clear ,,, the positive pin on the motor lines up with the...
  7. T

    remote motor control on-off-start

    Ok >>> so I finally got around to putting this together ... Pretty simple and straight forward .. NOT !!! I picked up an old used harness FROM a 703 control box .. I kept about 6 feet OR WIRE from the female connector and hooked up all the wiring and switches .... Tried it out and nothing ...
  8. T

    remote motor control on-off-start

    Boscoe 99 ... thanks buddy ... Based on what you told me ... here is what i am going to put together .. I am going to mount the switches in a small project box.. I have a momentary switch with a cover that has to be lifted to activate. This adds a little more safety to avoid accidental...
  9. T

    remote motor control on-off-start

    good information , pretty much what I was looking for .. I think what i am going to do is find a 10 pin harness to plug into the motor's ten pin connector ... Then modify that harness with a couple of switches .. If you have the time, could you take a look at the link below and let me know if...
  10. T

    remote motor control on-off-start

    I am looking to start, run and stop my 2007 F250 from behind the engine when it is on the trailer, I want to avoid having to go to the helm when i am servicing . Is there a "tool" for this ??? I can't seem to find a wiring schematic if I have to make one .... Any help or information...
  11. T

    Wiring voltsGauge...rod bolt???

    twin 2001 sx250..ox66.....I am adding two analog volt gauges to this boat. (in addition to the MFG"s ) I want the volt meters active when the key is on. Can anyone ....Rod bolt ?... suggest a wiring set up.. I can't seem to locate the wiring diagram for the ignition switches...Can I wire...
  12. T

    trailer bunk poly strips ?????

    Has anyone used the poly type strips used to replace trailer bunk carpeting ? My Florida bought 30' Marlin (about 11K lbs) doesn't load and unload to well on its bunk trailer here at the ramps in NJ. I would appreciate any feedback from any one who has used them. I have a concern as to whether...
  13. T

    Toggle switch to activate FMM/speed port to starboard

    I would like to wire a toggle switch (on-off-on) to my FMM and speed meter gauges, so that they would be able to stay on when either engine is running. Right now, these gauges are only activated by the starboard ignition switch. when the port switch is turned on, the gauges are not active...
  14. T

    Yamaha guages, Question

    2001 twin Yamaha sx250 (ox66)...Starboard ignition switch activates stbd tach, speed, and fuel management.. port ign switch activates only port tach. Does that seem right ? When checking battery voltage, am I only seeing the voltage for the starboard motor ?
  15. T

    grady white vs sailfish

    looking at 2 boats..Grady White 290 and Sailfish 30-06.....Any thoughts, opinions, comments ??
Top