FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I was trying to change the lower unit seals on my 1972 18hp model 18202 and the first bolt I tried to remove, the top bolt facing down, snapped off at the threads. Anyone know how I can remove this now? I am not sure what kind of sealant they used on the bolts but I would imagine I have to...
when i bought this motor (18 hp 1972 Evinrude) it had been sitting in the water for 4-5 years unused. there was water in the gearcase, but I was told it could just be from condensation over time and was not necessarily a leak in the lower unit seals. I changed the plugs and gaskets on the...
I have been trying to get this motor working with minimal knowledge of motors in general. It sat in the water on a desert lake for a few years unused. I have replaced the plugs, checked the fuel pump/filter(looks fine), changed the lower unit oil and rebuilt the carburator. The motor starts...
I am a new poster here trying to learn my engine. I recently got 1972 Evinrude 18 that has been sitting unused in the water for a few years (on a man made lake in the desert). I have been working to get her running smoothly. On the lower unit I noticed the washers on the drain plugs were...