FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
What needs to be done with a Volvo Penta Outdrive 290 that kicks up when placed in reverse. This boat is a dual engine 260A (Small block Chevy) mated to the 290 outdrives. The starboard drive is the one that kicks up while the port side stays down. Currently the trim/tilt for these 290's are...
WHEN I PULLED THE UPPER UNIT OFF OF MY vp 290 OUTDRIVE THERE WAS WATER IN THE DRIVE SHAFT BELLOWS. NEEDLESS TO SAY THE DRIVE SHAFT WAS RUSTED AND THE U JOINTS WERE RUSTED ALSO. THE PROBLEM IS NOW I HEAR A BEARING NOISE WHERE I THINK THE GIMBEL BEARING IS (NOT SURE IF THATS WHAT ITS CALLED)...
I just removed a 290 Outdrive and discovered the u joints were siezed, water in the oil, etc... I have a 280 outdrive in good condition, the 280 is complete with steering fork and it looks like it would bolt right up to the transom assembly. My question is twofold, Would this work AND can I...