FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Got home from a good day out yesterday, had the muffs on and outboard flushing while I was sorting some gear near the boat. I didn't notice the hose had fallen off (the hose has a 'stopper' fitting on it so if it's on and not attached to anything it doesn't waste water) and heard the alarm. Shut...
Over the Easter long weekend I spent a lot of time in the boat, and started to notice a new issue.
The issue is - shifting the boat into forward gear often results in it taking off - not with a great deal of speed but certainly more than it should have. Normally it shifts into gear at idle but...
So I was doing a few things in the boat today in preparation for the Easter long weekend, and I noticed the fuel filter had been leaking. I primed it up again and it drips very slowly out the side of the old glass filter (see pic). Not wanting to go out on the water with this situation I thought...
After wanting to get my hands on a boat for many years, I have finally been able to do it!
This boat has been in my family, owned by an uncle who is a small engine/marine mechanic, since the late 80's. It has done very little work since he completely rebuilt the motor and hull, with less than...
Edit - Ooops - motor is a 1977 75HP!
I've done a bit of reading on this already, but not sure what it may be.
This has happened now twice, both times with the motor warm. The scenario - starts perfectly when cold, runs absolutely fine for quite some time out to the first fishing spot. Move a...
I bought a boat on the weekend. It has been very well cared for, and was previously owned by a family member who is very fastidious and a small engine mechanic. The motor is in excellent condition and has done only 170hrs since a full rebuild (which was quite a few years ago now, the boat has...