FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Any pointers to good books or info on hull design and modifications? I have a couple fiberglass boats that I'm intrigued with experimenting with modifications to their hull design - more to tinker than anything. I'm not shy about diving into projects but would like to start something like this...
I've got a collection of banged up props from over the years. I've gotten most in pretty good condition but want to know how can I cheaply test whether or not their cavitating? I heard that spraying paint then seeing if it wore off was one way to go but seems the leading edges always lose their...
I ran across a 75hp Chrysler in a garage. Are these motors any good? The guy didn't know much about it's history (hours, etc). I have a little runabout that it would fit nicely on. I think it's a 1970's vintage? Any info?