FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am running a 1979 70 Hp Johnson Outboard. I have been using a deep cycle battery to start the motor and run one or two accessories like lights and a radio. I have since removed the radio. I replaced the battery two years ago and it looks like I need to again. Its not holding a charge. (I am...
I am running a 1979 70 Hp Johnson Outboard. I have been using a deep cycle battery to start the motor and run one or two accessories like lights and a radio. I have since removed the radio. I replaced the battery two years ago and it looks like I need to again. Its not holding a charge. (I am...
Does anyone know the type of starter that fits a 1979 Johnson 70 Hp outboard model #70El79R?
The only number on my starter is MGL-503-1 and I can not find this part.
I would need the type/maker and part number of the starter.
Also, will a 9 tooth replace a 10 tooth starter?
Thanks.