FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I want to replace the o rings on my tilt/trim its the single piston on a force 1998 120hp outboard. I know I will have to tilt motor all the way up and block it to remove the unit but how to I evacuate the hydraulic fluid once the unit is out?
I cant believe the price difference im seeing from the dealers price to the price i find on Iboats or boatingsolutions. Can anyone say there really is a difference in qualitly in say the impeller that is genuine mercury for 24.00 and one that is aftermarket from iboats for 14.00 !?!?
Hello, new to iboats here Ive searched for a bit now and havent quite found my answer.
I need to remove my lower unit to have a new skeg welded on and have a few questions about removal:
Do I have to drain the gear oil first upon removle of L/U or can
I just poor it out after removle of L/U...