FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Racerone, Thank you for the reply. That makes sence.
Would you happen to know if it is ok to run this engine without a lock out cam? seems like it should be fine unless someone tries to pull the rope while the engine is running. Is my assumption correct? and yes I do know what they say about...
I recently acquired a 2001 15 hp J15RVSIC outboard. I have a few questions foroutboard GODS.
1. Is there a way to convert this engine to an electric start? If so can you guys help me out with a parts list?
2. Any way to add a regulator / rectifier to charge a battery? I assume I would need a...
I recently acquired a 2001 15 hp J15RVSIC outboard from my uncle. I notice that the gear selector doesnt want to move from forward to reverse smoothly. Sometime it sticks going into forward, some time it stick going into reverse. To make things worse I broke the Starter lockout cam (part...
I have a 2001 15HP, which I believe is the same engine. There is a plastic pin that runs through the lockout, you can squeeze the end and pull out the pin(see picture). BE CAREFUL, there is a spring that may fly out. Don't ask how I know :( . From what I read you can run the engine without it ...