FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just replaced my lower shift cable on my Mercruiser Alpha I due to the fact that I could not shift into reverse without the engine dying. When finished, I still had the same problem! I know that it is the cut-out switch, as I disconnected it to see if the outdrive would shift into reverse (...
I have a Mercruiser 233 with a Ford 351. It needs to be replaced. I know of a couple of decent Alpha 1 drives that are available that were hooked up with Chevy 305's.
How compatible are these outdrives? What would I need to do to swap these outdrives with mine?
I was going to remove my lower unit from my 1976 SeaRay with a 233 hp Mercruiser for inspection today and can not get the prop off. Is there a trick to getting it to move once the nut, etc. has been removed?
Can the lower unit be removed with the upper unit staying attached?
David nolen
I have a 1976 SeaRay 190 with a 233HP Mercuiser.
I was getting ready to take it on a dive trip recently and was checking the boat out. It did not want to go into reverse. It would reverse at idle, but as soon as any throttle was applied, it would die. Forward seemed fine.
I decided to check...