FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1974 Evinrude 15hp tiller outboard on a 14? open boat. When I get up on plane, if I let go of the control the outboard makes a sharp right turn. I?d like to be able to let go for a minute without that happening.
Is this because the outboard isn?t centered on the boat? I think that...
I have a 1974 Evinrude 15hp that?s giving me a hard time. Something with the electrical system isn?t right.
Here?s the history?
Rebuilt carburetor and, added new ignition coils and plugs in a few months ago, and outboard was running great.
Last week, one cylinder cuts out.
Get it home and...
Took apart the water pump on this 15hp Evinrude. Water pump/impeller looks okay. While idle, it spits out water from the pee-hole. It's not a steady flow. Is that normal?