FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
So... I'm looking to pressure test my block for possibility of cracks etc... Merc 4.3, Vortec 1996. I'm pretty sure I know how to do it from reading posts, loop the exhaust manifold lines and then tap into the water inlet line to test. Problem is, every pressure testing tool I have located...
I have a 1996 Mercruiser 4.3 with alpha one. The boat has been running fine all season, until today. This morning it started fine, and I went on a 3000 rpm run for about 5 miles, without a problem, and then it started losing a bit of power like it was starving for fuel. Slowed down to idle...