FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Update! Compression was 2 ticks above 120 on both cylinders and consistent. I ended up draining the fuel and noticed it was blue. Turns out it had half a tank of mixed gas from the 2nd to last owner and the guy I got it from put straight gas in to fill it the rest of the way up. Tweaked the...
Hey guys I just picked up a bass boat with a 92 40hp johnson model # VJ40TLENM. The guy I got it from ran straight gas no mix through it and ran it for about two hours. My question 1. Isn’t it supposed to take 50:1 mix? 2. Is the outboard toast?