FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Ya, cost is not really the worry, it's the time it will take and not having a heated shop to work in over the winter. Also, spending more than the boat is worth will be the ice breaker when tryimg to explain it to the wife.
The rot is all the way back, so this isn't piece work anymore, it's...
Ya, slowly moving backwards from the Bow. Just working on the starboard side for now, that seemed like the worst side. Think someone just left this poor boat to sit and rot away.
Guess carpet is coming off.
Ya, that's crazy. That's exactly how it looks. Friday shift, ran out of material and said screw it, I wouldn't buy a Bayliner anyway 🤦
I work in automotive, I doubt I would buy one of these vehicles either 🤷♂️
I guess the next few weeks are gonna be interesting.
Thanks for the help.
Is it normal though that they would only fiberglass that one stringer part way? There was nothing either side and looks like the just ran oit and said F"k it.
Hey Guys,
Just looking for some help. I'm trying to replace some rotten stringers etc. for my first time. Long story short, I was told the boat was good to go and not so much. Anyway. started demo today. Cut up about 4"'s on both sides of the ski locker and all the way to the bow seating...
Hey,
I'm new to the boating world and just have a question after finding rot in what I thought were the stringers, but not sure now. I bought a 1997 Bayliner Capri that was supposed to be in tip top shape. I definitely found rot, but looks like it might just be for the seating and floor...
Is someone able to help me identify if these are considered the stringers or not? The thicker one circled in red is still good. I think that is the stringer, or one of them anyway. The section in blue is where the rot is, on both sides, but not sure if that's structural for the hull or just...
Hi Guys,
New here and to the boating world. Make this quick as I get mixed reviews. Bought a 97 Bayliner Capri Bowrider that was supposed to be water ready.
Long story short, my buddy found a soft spot and after looking, we have noticed partial rot on both stringers, on both sides of that...