FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Recently I discovered a leak in my lower unit. It appears it comes from the shift shaft as you can see in the image within the red circle http://imageshack.us/a/img4/5572/njqv.jpg When I push air through the oil fill hole the shift link goes a little bit upwards and air/oil is coming out. That...
Last day I spotted a bit of oil leaking out of the lower unit of my mariner 40hp. In the following image you can see a red circle which indicates a little hole where I see some oil comming out http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/3272/tailoil4.jpg
Is this bad, or is this normal? And what does it...
I have a 40hp mariner from begin 90's with an electric start. I was wondering how the charging system works. I don't know much about it but I have one buttery hooked up to the engine. Is this battery only for starting purposes or does the engine charing system also charges this battery up?
This...
I have the following engine, a Mariner 40hp. I think it's from 1994, is that right? (Engine number: 40 EO - 6E9 S 150087). Last week I went on the water for a few hours and in the last half hour my engine died. In neutral everything was allright, but when I put it in gear, it choked. I also...