FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Re: The Completely Un-Official (but New) Chris Craft Amerosport 283/284 Thread
I'm not the biggest fan of V-Berths. I think a little work with a foam mattress and some bolsters might result in something more bed-like.
Re: The Completely Un-Official (but New) Chris Craft Amerosport 283/284 Thread
Photo (just for the heck of it) (Click to embiggen, have to learn how to scale correctly)
I am the happy purchaser of an 1987 Amerosport 283.
Bought from a couple that have owned it for one year. They bought it from the original owner!
I figure if someone owned that boat for 25 years, they must have liked it a bit.
Inside is pretty good, outside a bit faded. I'm turning it into my...
Hi all,
I have a 1994 Black Max 150 with extremely low hours (about 20). Motor was recently checked out and serviced. Lately, I've been seeing a lot of water pouring out when I tilt the motor up (about a gallon). I took the cowling off, and ran the motor. On the starboard side, under the wiring...
My 92 Merc 115 has developed what I think is a bad bearing (runs OK below 3k, but above that it will cut out. Loudly). I wanted a bit more power, and have found a low hour, well maintained 1994 150HP Merc engine.
I'm hoping that this would be a simple swap. I have controls and tach for the 150...