FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Please dont laugh at the pics. I didnt want to wait the three weeks to get it professionally installed so I thought, hey....the only way to get good at this stuff is to man up and just do it. It came with some twists and turns and hardships. Garmin instructions had me drill a 5/8ths hole to slip...
Hello,
I am about to launch my new to me boat and the only thing a surveyor had called me about (haven't got the full report yet) was a hose on the out-drive. I believe it he called it oil reserve hose. I finally picked it up today and took some pictures. It appears the outer part of the hose...
Hello all,
I am getting ready to purchase a 1998 Maxum 2300 SC with a 5.7 Merc Magnum in it. This was upgraded from a 5.0 years ago. My surveyor told me that during my sea trial to put the boat in reverse and see where the RPM's limit to. He said the engine should limit in the 1800 to 2200 RPM...
I have a 1993 Ford 5.8 EFI Cobra I/O in a Chris Craft 238 Concept Cruiser. Its the second year I have had the boat and took it out for the first time today and really noticed the engine surging while I have it idling. I dont remember it doing it last year. It starts fine, runs...
I need a new anode for the rear gearcase on my 1993 OMC 5.8 EFI sterndrive. My lower unit model number is 987683.
Im guessing the part number I need is 393023. But thats just it, Im guessing. Is this a common anode that fits multiple years for OMC and Johnson Evinrude drives?
I dont wanna order...
Hello, new to boating and preparing my new boat for a spring launch. One of things I want to do is replace the impeller before I launch. I am having a heck of a time trying to track down what part number it is. The model on the lower unit is 987683. Serial starts with 7077.
Can anyone help? I...