FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am curious what woud be the best prop for my boat. I like to tube, so good hole shot is a must. Also, the WOT rpm is a bit low. I would like to get closer to 6000 rpm. Thanks!
Current prop: 13 1/4 X 17 stainless
WOT speed and rpm: 32 mph gps @5100 rpm
Load: 2 people and some gear (for the...
I just bought a 15' Manatee tri hull with a late 1970's 70 hp evinrude 2 stroke outboard. She runs fine on land (on a garden hose), no idle problems or anything once the engine is warmed up. I took the boat out for the first time today and found that the engine shuts off when put it in neutral...
I am looking to buy a 15' tri hull boat with a late 70's, early 80's 70 HP Evinrude outboard. I went to look at it today and it started up ok the first time, but when we tried it again the starter would spin but it would not go up and catch the fly wheel. After some wd-40 it moved up a little...
I just want to start this off by saying I am 20 years old and in college, home on spring break. I have always been passionate about boating, but never owned one myself. I have been looking at many used boats and found a 1987 Glasstream 172 Cutlass for sale. It's listed for $700 but he said he...