FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi, does anyone know what model or series of cylinders heads are needed for a 1973 Oldsmobile 455 marine engine. I'm pretty sure the bolt pattern on the exhaust side are not the same as standard automotive heads Thanks Jim
I have a 73 gastron carlson cv-19 jet boat. After taking the motor out for a rebuild I found a cylinder cracked real badly. my question is can I use a 455 oldsmobile engine from a car and just swap the heads and other parts to the new motor or do I have to find a marine engine thanks jim
Hello, I have a 73 gastron carlson cv-19 with a 455 olds motor. I just pulled the motor because it sat for a long time and was froze up. I finally got it apart but noticed a hole that goes from the timing chain area to the valley pan. I'm not familiar with boat motors and want to find out if...
Hey, I have a 73 glastron carlson cv-19 jet boat, it has a 455 olds motor and a berkeley jet drive. i was just given this boat but the motor will not turn over. I want to know if I can remove the motor and jet drive as one unit and if I can't does anyone know the best way to remove them. This is...
Hi, I recently got a 1973 glastron carlson cv-19 ss, it has a v-8 inboard and a berkley jet drive and I'm hoping someone can tell me what specific motor is in this boat and where I might be able to find a engine owners manual for it. The factory sent me an owners manual but it was a very generic...