FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
The original motor was a 8hp evinrude, so I upgraded to a 15hp evinrude. Still no luck. Could it be extremely bad luck and I got stuck with 2 bad motors? They both seemed to have ran perfectly fine. Or is it a weight factor? The old man that owned it before me outfitted it with 3/4 plywood front...
I have a 1986 8hp Envirude model#E8RCDE. I just bought the boat from my neighbor so it had been sitting for some time. My question, I know the motor runs WHEN it starts, its very hit and miss. If I get it started and let it run for a bit it fires right up but if it sits for any longer then 12...
I'm new to the outboard world and I'm seeking advice on fuel to oil mixture. Its posted on the motor near the gas insert 100:1, my question, is this referring to the oil it's self, or do I mix it 100 parts oil to one gallon of fuel? I haven't ran the motor without the oil so no worries there...
Am I able to grease the pull choke? The reason I ask, it's a little stiff, and if your not careful and push it back in to fast/hard it dislodges the retaining clip dislodging the entire choke/primer plunger etc. If not any advice? It's pretty tight
I got a 12' aluminum v-hull with an envirude 8hp motor, the boat is moderately heavy (the old man put decks in) the engine has good compression great idle and throttle response. What would cause the boat not to plane? Even with just one person under 200 pounds it almost gets there but won't do...
A good friend of mine is selling me his boat, it has, what is labeled as a 8hp Johnson. I've been told that Johnson never made a motor that big with an internal tank. It has ports attatched for an external. Is this correct, is the motor miss labeled? Any help would be greatly appreciated