FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
New to things here. Perhaps, I got the cart before the horse. I bought a 50's Herter's Hudson Bay 14' V Bottom and have been making due with a small utility trailer I had. I'd like to get a dedicated boat trailer but not sure if the one I am looking at would work or not. It was for a 16'...
Hi. I am thinking about buying this motor from a guy off of craigslist. I am wondering about the weight of this motor. I have searched and searched trying to find what it weights and I can't find it any where. Hoping someone might know. Thank you.
I can have the 25 HP for $650 or the 15 HP for $550. My boat max engine size says 20 HP so I'd be alittle over going with the 25, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Hi ya'll. I need to replace my prop shaft, shift dog ear, and shifting lever. I found this on e-Bay and am wondering if this will work? It says it is for a 5.5 Johnson. I have a 6 and this includes some stuff I don't need to replace, but the price is right. Any help would be appreciated. Johnson...
I have been looking for a larger motor for my 16 foot Landau flat bottom. I found a guy maybe willing to let me trade a 1976 Johnson 6 HP for it. He was asking $450. Would this be a pretty fair trade for me? My credit is bad and I was recently turned down by Honda, as I am going thru a divorce...
Howdy,
As some may know, I bought my first boat a mid 80's Landau Jon. I have not put it on the water yet, as my motor isn't ready to be picked up from it's tune up/repair.
Today while cleaning her up. I noticed a "hair line" crack about 3 inches long, on the front of the boat, almost dead...
Hello,
I just bought my first boat. It's a mid 80's Landau 16' Flat bottom Jon with a 1978 Johnson 6 HP and trailer. I paid $600 and am looking forward to getting out on the water. Motor is getting a "tune-up" right now and I'm hoping it'll be ready by this weekend. I'm going to make a few...