FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I got an old evinrude from a friend and just got it running. It had not been ran in a year. I am going to search for a new impeller for this motor. When I do get the new impeller, is there anywhere that I should see water coming out to let me know its cooling properly? If not how can I verify if...
I got an old evinrude from a friend and just got it running. It had not been ran in over a year. I am going to search for a new impeller for this motor. When I do get the new impeller, is there anywhere that I should see water coming out to let me know its cooling properly? If not how can I...
I hear good things about Yamaha motors but my local boat repair/shade tree type guy said that it is hard to work on them without the special test equipment that diagnoses/reads the engine codes. Whatever engine I get I would prefer to get the shop manual and be able to do maintenance on it...
Every once in a while when pulling up to the dock..jockeying from fwd to rev. the motor will die. Usually starts right back up. When I had it out last weekend twice it was a hard starter twice when shutting down at the dock and attempting to restart shortly thereafter (the motor was warm). It...
I am not getting spark on half of my cylinders.
a. When I originally discoverd the problem I switched the power packs. The problem moved w/ the power packs so I thought great I know what it is. I bought a USED power pack locally.
b. Installed used power pack. Same problem still exists..no...