FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Just readying my outboard for southern hemisphere summer - had been started and run regularly over winter with no problems, last time would have been around 8-10 weeks ago. Got some fresh fuel and charged battery.
Started it today, and at idle is as per normal, however increasing idle causes...
I was having a good poke around the outboard as I prepare de-winterize the boat and I noticed these nuts and bolts have corroded quite badly - it almost looks like galvanic corrosion. These appear to be the bolts that hold the steering arm to the outboard. They are still tight and solid, but I...
My steel winch rope broke while hauling the boat out at the local ramp. Fortunately I was able to tie it up and get it the rest of the way on. I ordered a new synthetic rope (https://amzn.to/2NIrSX0), cleaned the winch and installed the new rope.
Here is the process and result.
I put one of those cheap Amazon hour meters on my Evinrude outboard (https://amzn.to/2OLcnOl) - here's the video of the install and findings - works pretty well.
Hi everyone,
Long time lurker, recent registered user.
As a young dad it's now my turn to provide a family boating experience and so recently begun my foray after plenty of research online, and purchased a 1978 Fleetline Sapphire to kick things off in a low-cost...