FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I will give that engine tuner a try and also I found a brand “Sierra Quality Marine” for gear oil because my bottom end took in water milky white so I know I need to replace gaskets and impeller before taking it out on the water. Also the spark plugs L78V are almost flat compared to anything...
That’s really good information! I will attempt as soon as I can. From those numbers should I replace all four cylinder rings/ pistons and oversized ring/piston for the low compression cylinder ? Otherwise I feel like you support rebuilding the motor, because I’d like to buy a four stroke...
Hello, I have a 69' SRV 180 with a Johnson Evrinrude 100hp meteor and this motor as a 2 stroke raises concerns as far as longevity and reliability. This motor has consistent compression of 110psi through out 3 cylinders and the fourth one was at 95 psi. Are those concerning numbers? What would...