FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am looking to install an air conditioner in my '01 Larson Cabrio 290 and I'm looking for advise on what size unit to buy and what features I should be looking for? I see many units ranging in size from 5k to 16k btu's in 110 and 220 volts. And I'm not planning on installing a gen set, just...
I think i have a cooling problem with my 2001 VP 5.0GL with a SX-M outdrive. In January I purchased the boat with a overheated motor that tuliped a valve. I rebuilt the motor and started it up for the first time today and it ran great(only let it idle for a minute) I hooked up the ear muffs...
I have a '01 VP 5.0 that suffered from an overheat. It tuliped a valve and cracked the same head. The motor has 300 hours and there I'd no noticable damage to the cylinder walls or piston, although it did melt the exhaust bellows and melt the thick black paint off the y pipe. The marina...
I have a 2001 volvo penta 5.0gl that was damaged and leaves me looking for a replacement. I have found several vendors, but are they all equal? I can get a replacement from a national company (that starts with a "J") that remanifactures car and boat engines for a $1000 more than a local...
I have a 2001 Volvo 5.0 gl. The motor overheated and cracked the head(#059). My question is there any issues that I should know about a rebuilt version that can be purchased for about $200ea. vs. a new aftermarket head for $300 ea? Thanks