FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Does anyone have a way of flushing the power heads and passages. Other than pulling them off the engine? I heard the Optimax engines are prone to clogging. Is this true?
I have a 03 135hp Optimax and the tach scrolls thru all the numbers. All the other indicators operate normal. I assume this is a bad ground?
Where would I start looking?
Thanks in advance
I have a 135 hp Merc Optimax. Warning horn sounds and motor cuts back to idle. Will do this at around 1000 rpm. Shut engine off and it will run fine. Also, on another occasion, squeezed the fuel bulb and ran fine after that. Could this be a fuel flow problem? Water in the fuel filter?