FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
My boat is fitted with a Mercruiser 4.3 EFI with what I believe is a Thunderbolt IV ignition system. The motor consistently starts promptly and runs smoothly at all speeds.
On the water today I had just got up on plane when the motor sputtered, died, and has since refused to start.
The twin...
I'm still trying to work out why I have no fuel.
I've read the 'sticky' on fuel systems, but the recommendations seem to mostly refer to tests with the engine running - and mine won't start.
Pulled in for gas with 1/4 tank. The engine, which had been running flawlessly up till that time, would...
I have a retrofit Mercruiser 4.3L - about 2000, I think.
I pulled in for gas this past weekend with 1/4 of a tank on board. After filling up, the motor would crank, but not start. Checked for spark - good. Took the spark arrestor off and noticed no spray of gas.
The motor would immediately start...
I have a Mercruiser 4.3efi - with a gear lube reservoir for the sterleg.
Thought I'd checked the reservoir earlier this season, but when the alarm went off yesterday I found that the tank was basically empty.
I imagine I may have a leak, but as a first step I want to top up the gear lube to see...
My boat has been sitting for a couple of years.
When I fired it up last week it started fine and ran well.
Today I noticed some water mixed with fresh oil in the bilge.
I've identified a few drips of water from the weep hole on top of the water pump, and will monitor it and, if necessary...