FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Can anyone tell me what the function of the semi-permanent washer on the lower starboard mounting hole of the upper unit that bolts to the bellhousing?
The washer is attached by @ #8 screw.
Thanks, Scott
I took a 1992 75 hp Mercury off my boat and put a 1995 115 hp Mercury on it, and used the 75 hp wiring harness.
The 115 hp runs now but tachometer won't work. Is it the wiring harness? Is the 115 hp (runs on 2 cylinders until it reaches certain rmp, then 4 cylinders) not compatible with the...
I have a boat with a 1992 75 hp, 3 cylinder, ELPTO mercury on it
I want to put a 1995 115 hp, 4 cylinder, ELPTO mercury on the boat. Can I use the 75 hp controls and wiring harness on the 115 hp?
Thanks, Scottt
I have a 1993, 75 Hp Mercury outboard.
Salt water has eaten the two bottom motor mounts up that hold the drive shaft housing to the swivel bracket.
In order to replace the bottom motor mounts it looks like I have to take the two bottom nuts off at the bottom of the swivel bracket AND the two...