FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I recently had some seals replaced in the lower unit (none in the prop) and since then when I run the motor I'm seeing water come out of a small hole I never noticed. I know these motors don't pee so I don't think that's what it is. I've never seen it come out and honestly never noticed the...
If a motor idles and goes into gear fine out of the water, what are some things that could go wrong once you are on the water and how severe are they to fix?
I'm looking to buy a 1965 Larson 16' that has been semi restored, looks good and feels solid. The motor is a 55 hp Evinrude. The guy claims it is a 1980's (1985 or 87 I think) but it looks a little older than that to me so I went looking around on the internet to see what I could find. I...
Hey guys I just found this site and after looking around have been quite entertained and impressed at the knowledge and craftsmanship of some users on here! I am 21 and am looking at getting a little bay boat to spend some time on. I have been very drawn to the old starcraft designs and found a...