FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
A big storm came through Holland, Michigan a month or so ago. It did a number on my boat. I now have 5 spots (about the size of a penny to a quarter where the gel coat got torn away and you can see the fiber underneath. Cosmetics is not too important, but patching it up is a bit of a priority...
I've got and old mechanic friend who is going to help me winterize my inboard Crusader tomorrow. He insists that antifreeze is not necessary as long as you get all the water out of the engine and anywhere else. He's never does it and he has lots of toys and is very knowledgeable, but it makes me...
Can't seem to find the right prop size and pitch for my inboard 27' Cherokee. Someone told me that the distance from the blade tip to the bottom of the boat is important. It's a single inboard Crusader. Can anyone tell me what the distance should be? In short, I can't get this boat on plane and...
Will try to sum up this long story as best I can:
I can't seem to get the right prop on my 27' Cherokee inboard.
17x16.5 - 3700 RPM's WOT
14x10 - 6000 RPM's WOT
16x14 - 4900 RPM's WOT
The last one is close but I can't get on plane easily! Yes, I have trim tabs.
It's a single inboard 350...
Help! Just purchased a $600 14x10 LH nibral prop. It is the prop recommended for my inboard BUT I'm underpropped (4500 rpm = 14 mph). 6000+ WOT.
It is already cupped but I hear there is such thing as super cupped? I'm looking for more speed and less rpms. I can't return this prop! Can the...