FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
This winter I will be redoing the dashboard and wiring on a 1991 Rinker 260 Fiesta Vee. The boat has a 454 and Bravo I Outdrive. I plan on getting rid of the pitot driven speedo and installing a LMF-400 gauge instead as I really don't use the mechanical speedo and rely on GPS speed.
How do I...
First off:
1991 Rinker Fiesta Vee 260
454 Mercruiser
Bravo 1 Outdrive
I plan on completely rewiring the boat this winter, including the harness that comes from the engine to the helm. I was going to redo all of the wires 1 by 1 but then found that great lakes skipper sells harnesses from other...
First, I'd like to apologize about the length of this post...
The wiring on our 1991 Rinker 260 Fiesta Vee is a huge disaster at this point and we would like to clean it up. The boat has a Mercuiser 454 with a Bravo 1. The boat was bought used. While the engine and drive are in good working...
We have a 1991 Rinker 260 Fiesta Vee. It has a Mercruiser 454 (7.4 L) and a Bravo One outdrive. Up until recently the boat did 40 mph at WOTM at the proper RPM, don't remember off hand what the RPM was.
Now the boat goes about 33 mph at full throttle and the RPMs are lower. We changed the...