FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I recently bought a 1985 Bayliner 25 foot cabin cruiser. I put the boat on the water, not knowing that it had a small hole in the hull. I had the bilge turned off and the engine compartment got wet. Since that happened, my freshwater pump, odometer, and other trim tabs quit working. I...
I just recently purchased a 1985 Bayliner Sierra Sunbridge. The boat is approximately 25 feet long and weighs around 5500 pounds. It is the cabin cruiser model. The boat is powered by a 305 volvo penta motor. The boat doesn't have a prop installed at the moment. Does anyone know what size prop...
I just recently purchased a 1985 Bayliner Sierra Sunbridge. The boat is approximately 25 feet long and weighs around 5500 pounds. It is the cabin cruiser model. The boat is powered by a 305 volvo penta motor. The boat doesn't have a prop installed at the moment. Does anyone know what size...
My tilt will not hold pressure. It will not keep itself in place, how do you fix this problem? My outdrive has a spider gear inside the engine compartment, but no hydraulic fluid. 1985 bayliner with 225D Volvo Penta and Outdrive. I am sorry, I am not familiar with boats. Any help is...
The hydraulic on my 1985 volvo penta tilt allows the prop to push the outdrive down while running. It does not take fluid, but has a spider gear. Is the pump worn out, or can the spider gears be tightened up? Any suggestions to fix the problem are greatly appreciated.
where is hydraulic pump for trim of motor on a 305 volvo penta? need to add fluid because keeps pushing prop down when I try to trim. would this make my boat only run 3200 rpm's or is it my prop?
it will only get around 3200 rpm's...engine runs and sounds great. Has a Volvo Penta outdrive...current prop is in water and appears to be in the 20's...
I recently bought a 1985 Bayliner Cabin Cruiser. The boat will not get over 3200 rpm's and about 22 mph. I changed plugs/wires/distributor cap/put in time and gained nothing. I checked my prop and it is correct. While looking at the prop I noticed that I could move the volvo penta outdrive...