FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1973 StarCraft with a 120hp GM inboard. I replaced the alternator and have different color wires. There's 2 red wires, a purple and a black and a orange with blue line.
I have a 1973 mercruiser with a 120 mercruiser. I put a volt meter on ohms and the red probe where the plug wire goes with key on I get 9.49 ohms, I try to start and I get the same. I have a flame thrower petronics and petronics electronic ignition.
Does the boat have to be in water or can I use earmuffs? I am getting water to thermostat but not after. I brought thermostat from Amazon so it very well could be the wrong one??
I have a 1973 mercruiser 120hp. Motor is overheating. I put new water impeller, thermostat. I took off the hose going to motor from impeller really good flow, I took the hose off after water pump good flow, took water off before thermostat good flow then took off hose after thermostat no water.
So I bought this boat as a project. Mistake??? The trim motor didn't work, there is 2 wires coming out of the stern where the outdrive connects to the motor. The wires were bare. So I abandoned the old trim and put in the up and down solenoids.