FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
This one has 3 pins on the backside.
My radio would be a drop in --into the cradle of the charger.
This radio was left on my boat by the previous owner. Any ideas where to score a charger?
I've been watching Ebay...
I'm getting ready to install my rebuilt tank. I removed the sending unit from the old leaky tank.
I am stumped on what wire goes where
One the top of the sender is an "S" and an "-" Ok, sender and neg
But look at the underside, the wires were sort of brittle from being in fuel for 20 years...
I got a deal on two nice Marine radios.
My Gulfstream already has an antenna without the long whip--mounted on the bow. I need to add a whip. I am looking at what truckers use as a whip antenna.
My Renken will need an antenna and mount. I have a neighbor who owns a trucking company. He tells...
Now that I have solved the water in the fuel issue (oh baby was this fun), it is time to pull the seat covers.
I went looking at a name brand fabric shop today, I saw all sorts of different types of rolls which I could use as new seat covering. I might buy me a sewing machine at Goodwill, just...
31 gallon fuel tank in the belly of my Gulfstream. I pulled the tank. I found 4 pencil eraser sized rot holes. Maybe 20 or so pin sized holes.
I used JB weld to fill the holes. Any other ideas short of replacing this tank?
Fiberglass the bottom?
I picked up on the cheap a really nice Gulfstream inboard with that IL 6 Mercruiser 165.
The engine is in good shape. The outdrive was just serviced. I am having a hard time keeping it running.
I pulled the top of the carb off and found dirty fuel. I pulled the carb and want to kit is.
What...
I bought this boat, and was totally ripped off having the stern rebuilt by a local crook boat shop. Needless to say, I will enjoy this boat for a long time now!:facepalm: $5000 now into it including the 2nd repair on the transom.
NOW that it is up and running. With a really tight nicely...
Newbie here! Bought an 81 Renken on the cheap last summer. Got totally hosed by the local crooks at the shop. Sterndrive needed rebuilding, shop 1 did the work then when we put the boat in the water, transom was leaking.
Shop 2 did everything over. Needless to say, $4500 now into a $600 boat...