FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a Motorguide 24V Tour digital 70lb thrust trolling motor. The issue I am having is that the trolling motor randomly cuts out. Doesn't seem to matter whether on min or max. Basically I will be moving along the bank and the motor cuts out. The go button no longer works. If I hold the go...
I'm primarily looking to increase my knowledge of my outboard motor. I read a few spark plug articles that stated you could read a plug and determine the characteristics of your motor. I.E. running lean, rich, etc. I've had a few issues the last time out with the motor being...
I have a 1993 Mariner Outboard 135HP. First thing in the morning it still cranks over first or second time and purs at idle. However, as the day progresses and the temp gets higher (particularly over 85) it becomes more difficult for the motor to idle without dieing. Even after running down...
Working on my transom rebuild for a 1993 18' Procraft. The original design of the transom had two 3/4" plywood laminated together. The plywood goes from the bottom of the transom area up until it is flush with the top of the hull. However, there is approximately a 1/2" or so gap (by design) that...
Re: Where do I start from here?
The splashwell area is still a work in progress. I'm stuck and could really use anyone's input. Here's some pictures:
The first pictures shows the general area I'm working on. Marked with "A"
The second picture shows the view from the inside. I couldn't...
Re: Where do I start from here?
Well it's being REALLY slow going. The boat is framed up and I've made two A frames to assist in pulling the cap off. I've cut the tabbing behind each rear storage compartment and under the passenger seats (these are the only places I've found it). Now I'm...
Re: Where do I start from here?
After cutting away some of the inner skin the leak looks like it's been happening for a while...probably since that transducer was first installed 10-15 years ago. The 2x4 that supports the weight of the right gas tank is rotten. And the plywood that the tank...
Re: Where do I start from here?
Drilled a few test holes and this is the result (red-bad green-good wood). I'm not planning on fishing until March, so I'm thinking about just packing silica gel around the area to pull out the moisture. Change it out every couple of days and then finish the...
Hello all,
My name is Chris and I own a 1993 17' Procraft bass boat. After winterizing my boat I started inspecting it to see if there were any small projects I could work on over the off season. I came across this leak towards the transom of the boat:
Upon removing fasteners from where an...