FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Been getting water in bilge over the last few years, but this year I'm taking in more than ever. I've had mechanics look the engine over, but none seem to have an answer. It's not obvious how the water is coming in, and it usually enters AFTER I've parked the boat. However, lately I've had to...
Engine not quite overheating, but it's running hotter than normal. New impeller installed this year. Never replaced thermostat. Should I replace thermostat first? Where is it located, and is it easy to replace? Any help would be appreciated.
Randy
I need to replace an impeller on a 1994 OMC Cobra / V8 5.0
I believe I located the pump containing the impeller just below the alternator. Looks like two side bolts and a top screw hold this together. I can remove the bolts, but the top screw will not budge. I've stopped before I destroy this...