FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I bought a used Motorguide wireless trolling motor for my pontoon and have run into some issues. It was working for the most part then the other day I took it out and for some reason it is not working at all. When I hook up the battery to the unit it gives a quick beep. If I hit on/off button...
I have a 1993 model Johnson 88spl hanging on the back of a 20' pontoon that I'm having an issue with and would love someone to give me a bit of insight and possible paths to take. I bought the engine from a guy after watching it run while on the muffs. Brought it home and it ran great as well...
I have a 1993 model Johnson 88 SPL that I just bolted onto my pontoon. The previous engine was a Mercury and I'm trying to decide what setting the tach needs to be set to in order to receive from the new engine.
I think the settings on the back of the tach has settings like 4 cylinder with 2...
I have a 1987 model 70 HP Nissian outboard that is on a 16' polar kraft boat. I'd like to transfer that engine to a 20' pontoon boat that I have but the remote wiring is not long enough. Is there a good site where I can buy an extended wiring harness for my outboard?
I know I can get longer...
Posted a question here before and got a great answer, bought the part right here and now have that solved so here goes my next problem.
I have a 65hp merc 4 cylinder that I still don't know the year model for.... Anyway it runs pretty good but the electric choke doesn't work. After you finally...
I have a 96 model sylvan pontoon that someone repowered with a 65hp mercury 4 cylinder outboard. Not sure of the age think its a late 60's early 70.
I am having problems getting it to start using the key switch that was in the pontoon. What I get is a slow spin of the starter or nothing at...
I have what seems to be a 1975 (according to the model lookups) Mercury
65hp thunderbolt with the blue strips on the cowling. My serial number is 4233031. I'm looking to get a waterpump for this thing but everywhere I have looked keeps listing as a 3 cylinder but my engine is a 4 cylinder...